Our work spans design strategy, industrial design, design engineering and branding and we are looking for creative minds to feed into one or more of these areas. This could be on a part time or project-by-project basis.
Being a designer at Morrama means working with a team passionate about putting out consistently awesome product design. They should have a constant drive to strive for perfection and the consideration of every facet of an idea, even when under pressure. At the same time, they are expected to provide feedback and support to the other designers within the team; collaboration is key to our design process. As such, a freelancer would be expected to work from our office at the Tea Building, Shoreditch.
You should have:
- a mature but imaginative sense of design thinking
- A sense of pride and confidence in your own design capabilities, but an understanding of how to design within a team.
- Good communication; verbal, written and visual.
- Good leadership and teamwork; an understanding of how to give and receive feedback
- Confidence both in speaking/pitching (to clients) & in putting forward ideas
- Good time management
- High attention to detail
- Sketching (paper or digital)
- Concept rendering & presentation (2D through digital sketches/Illustrator renders or 3D through CAD + rendering software)
Skills that are useful, but not essential:
- CAD (Solidworks)
Expectations & Opportunities
We will expect and encourage from you:
- a high level of creativity and freedom to think outside the box
- proactivity with regards to managing your time
- initiative on briefs; we want your ideas especially if you disagree
- a professional and passionate approach to the job
Please get in touch to discuss day-rates.